Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Catching up

Ok so since I obviously haven't kept up on this, I decided I would try to catch people up on what we have been up to and then I'll try to keep up on the daily or weekly events going on with our family.
So, Ed graduated from Arizona State University in May 2007. Mr. Smartie Pants graduated with a 4.0 GPA (whatever!). I say that just because I'm jealous. Anyway, he started law school in August and is finishing up his first year. He is currently serving as the Vice President of the Student Bar Association at his school and is running for President for next year. He is suppose to have two more years of school but he is accelerating and will hopefully be done in one more year. Woohoo!! He works very hard and I'm very proud of him.
Everyone who knows me knows I've always wanted to be a nurse and I've been working on pre-requisite classes since I graduated high school (almost 10 years ago)! I wondered if I was ever going to actually get it done. I'm happy to say that after many life struggles, I got in to nursing school in January 2007. I am currently in my 3rd semester and hanging in there. I am actually doing much better in nursing school than I did in my pre-nursing classes. I'm not supposed to graduate until December, 2008 but I did get accepted into a summer program to finish my last semester. That will start on May 19th and I will be done on August 7th
(keep your fingers crossed.) I am soooooo happy about the summer thing because I will graduate 4 months earlier than expected and I am ready to be done.
Kendi is 4 1/2 and is a fantastic little girl. She is beautiful inside and out. She is very thoughtful which we am so proud of. She thinks about people way more than we could ever teach her. She wants to be a princess when she grows up and when we tell her she already is a princess, she tells me "no, a real princess that lives at Disneyland." She loves to play with her "cousints" Avery and Shaley and loves when her older "cousints" come to see her from Mesa. I'm going to leave it at that for now about Kendi and you'll get to know the OTHER side of her later.
Davin, Davin,Davin. He is 2 1/2 and is special and I mean "special." If you know him, you know what I mean. I'm just kidding (kind of). We love him. He is the sweet boy we prayed for. He loves the movie Cars and also loves playing with his cars. He lays down on his stomach on the ground, usually in the middle of a walk way somewhere, and pushes the car up and down over and over again for like a half hour. It's cute. I have pictures on my camera that I'll post when I put them on my computer.
So that's what we are up to in a nut shell.
Stay tuned for more later.

3 comments:

Genny said...

Wow, Kenra! Congrats on getting into the summer program! That is so awesome! Suddenly the light at the end of the tunnel is right on top of you!

Glad to see you back in the blogging world.

Genny said...

By the way, I love the new look of your blog!

Train Gang said...

Tell Kendi that I want to live at Disneyland too. Great minds think alike.